Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Getting Crafty

Today, I'm talkin bout card making. I've never thought myself necessarily not good at it, but I've never been 100% pleased with my results either. I see homemade cards all the time, and think to myself "oh that's so cute... I could do that" but then when I sit down and actually make a card, it seems my creative juices run dry and I'm left with a so-so card that was probably sparked from other inspiration. There are people in my family, and some of my church family, that are just so darn good at card making. I will admit there is a hint of jealousy in the previous statement. Anyway, long story short, I just recently made a card, for my sis-in-law, that I'm pretty proud of. (If you disagree, keep comments to self and don't burst my bubble... just kidding, sort-of.) I made it for her baby shower (which I didn't get to go to because of still possibly being
contagious =( ) Anyway, here is the front,
along with a little insert I put in:
and this is the inside.
 I tried to make it neutral since they aren't finding out what they're having. The suspense is killing me. Well, there it is. So, what do ya think?

2 comments:

  1. Did you know I was doing lambs in the nursery? I didn't know if I had told you or not but the little lamb on the card fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I did know... but I don't think you told me, I believe Becca mentioned it. I also thought about getting you this really cute lamb piggy bank that I saw in country homes magazine, but I wasn't sure if you would like it or not.

    ReplyDelete