Tuesday, April 3, 2012

On My Heart

   Well folks, I have a few items that I have been wanting to blog about, but finding time to sit down and do that has been a little sketchy lately. And I will get to those posts hopefully in a few days, but right this minute I just wanted to share a little something on my heart.
   I wanted to just share with you the reason I started this blog, and why I named it what I did. I am a person who has been blessed immensely, I'm not saying that braggishly or in an "in your face" kind of way. (though I am proud) But I'm saying I'm so blessed as merely an observation of a fact I have come to realize. However, I am going to admit that it is often I lose sight of this observation, and "forget" just how blessed I am. I have a tendency to become caught up in the mundane, just trying to make it through the day, lifestyle. I begin thinking more along the lines of "kids, why can't you behave for 5 minutes" rather than "Thank you Lord for blessing me with these children."
   Right about the time I started this blog, I was in that mode, and the song "This is the Stuff" by: Francesca Battistelli really seemed to hit home. And thus where I got the title of my blog. (unfortunately not very original... but personal nonetheless) "In the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I'm blessed" My so-called "burdens", my trials Oh how small, how little. And look, just look at the blessings I have to show for it. Yeah, so I'm fat, but I wouldn't trade it for the bundles I got out of it. (not that it wouldn't be nice to be skinny AND have children.. ha) Not to mention the fact that God gave me a husband that loves me the way I am... fat, skinny, happy, moody. And yeah, I have typical "human" children, and they are sinners too, but they are healthy, they are happy. And sometimes they even behave, who woulda thought. I am SO blessed. Blessed BIG. I will post a lot of miscellaneous things, but I will also post my blessings. And I encourage you to take a look at your life, and not dwell on the things not going your way. But instead ponder on just how Big the Lord has blessed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment