Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hello folks, sorry it has been so long. I have had a ton going on around here lately. It has been crazy hectic, and I have barely been able to get to a computer. I have debated back and forth, over and over about whether or not to post about why I haven't been blogging. I couldn't decide if it was necessary or even a good idea to share. Well, I decided to go ahead and post, if only to just get it off my chest. Also, I thought about posting pictures, but decided against that. So here it is, my excuse for being mia for the last couple months.





Well, I suppose you are wondering where I have been. Or, maybe not seeing as I only have two followers and they probably know. Anyhow, I will share anyway. May 22 we went grocery shopping. Late, as we sometimes do. We got to our house around 11:00ish pm. My husband and I got out of the car, and there was the smell of smoke. Thinking nothing of it we went up on the front porch, opened the door and TONS of smoke came pouring out at us. The smoke smell was coming from our house! Ben went to the car and got a flashlight and looked inside. The floors and walls were BLACK.We walked around the house and the back hallway was actually on FIRE. OUR HOUSE WAS ON FIRE!! I was scared to death and called 911 immediately. They responded really quick, and it took them no time to put the fire out.Thank God, we weren't home. Thank God that we hadn't got the kids out of the car yet. It seems funny to say this, but we are blessed. It could have been so much worse. Material things can eventually be replaced. My families lives cannot. Ben's brother Aaron used to work at a volunteer fire department, and said that the kind of fire it was the smoke would have just put us to sleep and we wouldn't have been able to get out. The inspector said that a lot of our pocessions can be salvaged. I am just so thankful that we weren't home. My posts may be few and far between until I have consistent access to a computer again. Until then, please just bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment