Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A new... rearview mirror hangy thing!

Hello people out there. It's been a while. I guess I'm ready to start weaning myself back into blogdom. Maybe not weaning, seeing as I may do a major picture post of the kiddo's when I get a minute. So, I guess I'd just be jumping right back in. Well, anyway, here's a mini post of a little "craft" I have done recently. I can't wait to get my sewing machine cleaned up, or get a new one if necessary. There's a TON of projects I've been wanting to do lately.
 So, if any of you have looked at the beginning of my blog, you may have come across my handy dandy mommy van post. In that post I blogged about the tie-dyed monkey I had hanging from my mirror. Well, that monkey hasn't resided in my van for a really long time. For several reasons. One, Hubby didn't like it and kept messing with it every time he drove the van. Two, my kiddo's liked to play with it so it was constantly being taken down for them. And third, I got over it lol. So, anyway, my van remained "undecorated" for quite some time. Until... the other day while Ben was driving down the road I got bored and took some paper out of my post-it note pad, and made an origami ball... and then, I was inspired. (and carsick) This idea just popped in my head and I went with it. I was relatively pleased. My little doohickey turned out exactly like the image I had in my head. And I personally think it's just too cute to boot... if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment