Friday, June 7, 2013

Mother's Day

 So, awhile back I mentioned the mother's day presents I was making. Well, here they are.
 
For the cards, I admit, I did not get the idea on my own, but got the inspiration online. As soon as I saw the picture of this card I knew it was perfect. So, I went onto my silhouette cameo and re-created it myself. I made the colors of the card match the gifts I was giving to my mom and mother-in-law.
The three following images are the gifts for my mother-in-law. She is a wonderful person, a real "Suzy homemaker" and I mean that as the utmost compliment. So, I made her an apron with "built-in" potholders. (however, if I use this pattern again, there are a few changes I would make.) I also made a matching "bag holder" to go with it.




 
My mom does not wear aprons... ever. So, I just made regular potholders for her. (because even though she doesn't wear aprons, she can still cook!) And a matching bag holder for her as well.       
 
The bag holders and potholders I "made up" on my own as I went. There are MANY versions of how to make them on this here internet, so I haven't decided yet if I want to do a tutorial on how I did mine. But I might. The "potholder apron" however, I made using directions from another blog. I currently do not remember the link, but if I find it soon I will post it on here. (along with the changes I would make)
 
As for what I got for mother's day. I did not get an "actual gift" directly on mother's day. My husband wanted to get me something, but I  insisted that the silhouette cameo that he got me for our anniversary count for mother's day too, since they aren't exactly cheap. Not to mention the fact that he has given me FIVE children as well, that makes me a mother in the first place. Oh man, How big I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment