Thursday, October 3, 2013

Caterpillar Update!

 
 This is so fun! I think Mr. Caterpillar may be starting to form a cocoon. Of coarse, I could be wrong, I hate to say this but it could be dying for all I know. But, Let's stay positive... I think it's building a cocoon. Kay! Below is a pic of a rolled up leaf with a cobwebby stuff inside it. Proof that it ate on that leaf. (I think)  
 
After that, it crawled to the top of a twig in the jar and has been there since. In the position that all the cocoon's were in in the pictures I saw yesterday. There is also a black "feathery substance" forming around it. It's very hard to see, but if you click on the picture to make it larger and look inside the white circle, you might be able to see it! 
 
P.S. this is way more fun than posting about my weight, but I'll keep doing that anyway to keep myself accountable. Hope you also enjoy watching this butterfly grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment