Friday, December 6, 2013

Very simple ways to make life more simple=)

On first glance I have a pretty nice kitchen. When people come over they may say something like "Oh, I love your kitchen". And don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I've had much smaller, but it's organizational setup is lacking. I am the kind of person who wants things to be organized yet still accessible. You will never catch me putting an appliance that I use on a regular basis tucked in a cabinet somewhere that I have to dig out and put away each time I use it. Call me lazy, I don't care, I just don't think you should sacrifice functional just to make something "look better." Now don't get me wrong, those of you who despise cluttered counters and are willing to dig out such necessities, kudos to you. I'm just trying to find a way to make my space easily accessible and uncluttered. Therefore I "designed" (not really designed there are similar things out there) this very simple, very simple paper towel holder.
 
First I started with a couple of hooks:
 Next, I screwed them into the "underneath" of my cabinet. Then, I took a pair of pliers and squeezed them shut because when they were open the rod kept slipping off.   
 Last, I slid a rod through my paper towels and the hooks, and viola, a handy paper towel holder. See, I told you it was simple.
P.S. I have every full intention of putting a more decorative rod in place of the one I used. I was just using things I had on hand at home. Because I'm also the kind of person that when I have an idea I want it done yesterday.
 
Now you know two secrets about me, I'm lazy and impatient =) I'd like to think not really, but this post sure makes it seem that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment