Thursday, August 28, 2014

Ramblings

I just recently took a little trip to Pigeon Forge, TN with my Mom, Mamaw, Great Aunt, and Sister. I brought along my three older kids and left Amos and Addie home with Daddy. And my sister brought Eli. Us ladies try to go on a weekend trip every year. We've been camping in the past and would do some hiking trails. But my Aunt is starting to get to be unable to do those things any more.

Unfortunately, I have practically zero pictures of this trip to share with ya, but I'll tell you what we got into. The first thing we did when we got there was go horseback riding. Levi and Lydia rode their own horse, and Ephraim doubled with my mom. Sam (my sister) had Eli in one of those belly carriers. I doubled with my belly, lol, and believe it or not my mamaw and aunt Betty rode too. We went on an hour long trail ride. It was nice, but I must admit I was ready to get off by the time it was over. My sister loves horses, and even went to school for an equine degree. Her horse was VERY old as in around 30! and had to be put down recently. So, she REALLY enjoyed the horse riding.

After the trail ride we went to a couple of shops to pass time till lunch, then we ate at Happy Days Diner. It is a place I would recommend, it was quite tasty. The service was not perfect, but it was not bad, besides they were very busy. After lunch, we drove over to Tanger Outlets for a bit. I drive a sprinter van now in order to accommodate 5,000 carseats and while I was waiting for my sister to get back in the van after dropping her off to take the boys potty I had a lady ask me if I was the shuttle. She realized I wasn't before I answered and looked a little embarrassed so I didn't say anything I just smiled.

Next we checked into our hotel, freshened up a bit, then headed back out to our dinner show. We saw the Hazzard County Hoedown. This I would recommend. We enjoyed it. And while the food can not compare to Dixie Stampede it was delicious. The only thing I didn't like is that the food is served buffet style before the show. I would have liked it better if it had been more like Dixie Stampede and the food was served during the show. The kiddos really enjoyed the show too, but the only one that stayed awake through the whole thing was Levi. They were already exhausted from all the other excitement earlier that day. To finish up the day we went back to our hotel and took a dip in the pool. Then it was bath time and time for bed.

We got up fairly early the next morning, and went down for breakfast around 7:30. Our hotel had a full hot breakfast, and it was YUMMY! They had sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, cereal, bagels, doughnuts, apple juice, orange juice, milk, coffee, and teddy bear shaped waffles! I'm sure I didn't name everything. It was really good. After breakfast, we checked out of the hotel and headed to the Wonderworks Museum. This place was a lot of fun, I have to say, we had a good time. Most of the things in the Museum were for older kids to young adults. There wasn't much there for mamaw and Betty to enjoy. There were a few things for younger kids. like giant bubbles, but overall, my kids were too small for a lot of it. All this said, yes, we did enjoy ourselves there. BUT, I personally feel like it was overpriced for what it was. The general admission covers everything on the main floor, but if you want to play laser tag or do anything extra it costs more. I don't know, maybe I'm just cheap=) But, I think if the general admission price included the laser tag as well, it wouldn't be AS bad. And I promise I'm not just saying that because I wanted to play laser tag and didn't want to pay for it, because I probably wouldn't have played laser tag anyway. I don't think my kids would've done very well at it just yet, maybe next year. All of that being said that price does cover all day. Even if you leave as long as you still have your ticket (proof of purchase) you can come back later the same day at no charge. So, that does make up for the high price a little, provided you want to come back.

Lastly, we took a quick swing through one of the flea markets, then headed home. We stopped for lunch on the way home at a place called Golden Girls. The food was delicious! However, the service was terrible. In their defense, they were extremely busy. However, our waitress was just unable to handle the pressure I think. She gave us some straws when she brought our drinks out, but was one short so I still needed a straw. I asked for one, she reached in her pocket but was out of straws, instead of just saying I'm out I'll go get you one she pretended she didn't even hear me and walked away. When she came back, I asked again for a straw, she pointed to the table where she had originally laid straws, and said "they're right there." I said "we still need one more" she walked away and came back and LITERALLY threw three straws in my face. So, busy or not that was uncalled for, but maybe she was just having a bad day, I don't know. I don't want to end on a bad note so I will say again the food there was really, really good.

And that's about it, pretty much sums up our little trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment