Tuesday, September 2, 2014

New Skirt

I went to Hobby Lobby a couple of months ago, basically just to look around while my Husband was in a sporting goods store. Not that I have any thing against sporting goods stores, but when there's a Hobby Lobby around that will definitely be my first pick. As I was browsing I came across some knit material in their seasonal section. I fell in LOVE! They had it in four different colors and I simply could not pick which one was my favorite. They had mustard, coral, a muted navy, and gray. And they all had the lace stripes on them. In my opinion they were gorgeous. However, since I couldn't pick which color, nor did I know what to make with it just yet I decided not to buy it just yet. I fully intended on coming back though! I just planned on not waiting too long since it was in the seasonal section.
 
A week or so later, Hubby and I had the opportunity to go on a date. While we were out he took me to Hobby Lobby, and since we were without kiddos he went inside with me. I had pretty much decided I wanted to make a maxi skirt with the material... but there was still one little problem... which color. So, since Hubby was there with me I let him pick. He picked the mustard, and I am very happy with his decision. I am really happy with how the skirt turned out. I did not make it maternity, but since it is knit I could still wear it in the pic below, but that will probably be the last time=)
 
Taking these pictures was a little interesting. I had Hubby take them for me. I wanted the pictures to be taken with the skirt on because I felt like you could see the skirt better on the person. However, I hate pictures of myself. I wanted these pics to turn out all professional like but what you see is what you get. I'm not a model after all.
 
And here is a more close up of the skirt. I'm tellin' ya, this skirt was super easy to make. It seriously only took me an hour or two start to finish!


No comments:

Post a Comment